Welcome...

Grammy's House is a term affectionately used by our grandchildren, and it has become a haven for them. Our youngest grandchild, Sophia, resides here with us, along with Scout, the 2 lb Yorkie, and Lucy Maud, the kitty cat. We named our 100 year old Victorian home Rose Water Cottage when we moved here, in June of 2011. It is quite a haven for grownups who are weary of being grownups. So, welcome to our storybook world...where magic happens every day.
Blessings,
Christie

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

We have a dusting...

We headed to bed last night with hopes that the weather report was right.

Maybe there will be snow on the ground...

Yes...



It was just a dusting..like powdered sugar sprinkled over the lawn..
...but it was a welcome sight.

It meant husband could stay home from school...

It meant he could fix his world famous..(our world:) Vegetable Beef Stew
and fill the cottage with the fragrance of love...


and...
It meant he could go in search of a live Christmas tree.

Meanwhile...

the bunnies and Phia Dolly are snug in their bed...



...and when hubby returns home, he'll get a fire going...

..and we'll all be as snug as bugs in a rug.

Happy Snow Day.

4 comments:

  1. LOL! Tim can stay home from school because of THAT amount of snow!? Wow! It takes a foot of snow and ice for that to happen here! Looks like you'll have a wonderful day so I'm happy for you! That stew looks amazing! Is that a slow cooker recipe? Warm and cozy by the fireside with a fresh Christmas tree! Who could ask for more!? xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christie, I'm so enjoying your updates here on the blog, FB, and Twitter; and I really like your holiday blog banner. Happy belated birthday, Phia! Today along the Alabama Gulf coast, outside the sun is shining, the breezes are blowing, and the air is chilly ; inside, the furnace is humming, the Christmas tree is twinkling, and my Aggie (13-yr. old Bluepoint Siamese) is curled up in my lap ... both of us snuggled under our favorite afghan! I've just re-read my copy of Yankee magazine's article about Susan and Joe and Martha's Vineyard. All is well {*sigh*} ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is always such an amazement to me, having grown up in Colorado and trudging to school in snow up to my waist, ( seriously), that here in Tennessee we close the schools if 2 snowflakes appear on the horizon! Of course, my kids always loved that. But, I digress, I want some of that stew, does it come with hot cornbread too? Oh how I love stew on a cold winters day. I have to say that Sophie is a BEAUTIFUL child. with eyes like the deep blue sea. Happy Birthday to her! Jeri

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to catch up on all the high-jinx going on at the cottage. Happy Birthday to our precious Phia... have something special for her if life ever releases me to indulge in delight. Oh my, the wonderful Family events and all the love pouring forth. You
    look glam, my dear, and the wonderful couple, jubilant. Welcome home to Mom and Dad, another blessing in our lives.. So good to see you back on the blog and mesmerizing us
    once again with your special brand of magic, as only you can.....
    Blessings ~
    Our Mary

    ReplyDelete