Welcome...

Grammy's House is a term affectionately used by our grandchildren, and it has become a haven for them. Our youngest grandchild, Sophia, resides here with us, along with Scout, the 2 lb Yorkie, and Lucy Maud, the kitty cat. We named our 100 year old Victorian home Rose Water Cottage when we moved here, in June of 2011. It is quite a haven for grownups who are weary of being grownups. So, welcome to our storybook world...where magic happens every day.
Blessings,
Christie

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Rose Water Cottage....

Have you ever felt as if you have landed in a dream...or a fairytale...or a storybook cottage?

We have landed in such a place, and we are thankful to our Maker for blessing us with this new home...
Rose Water Cottage.

I will take you on a tour of what was accomplished today, so you may share in our joy.

Hydrangeas cut this morning, made a welcoming bouquet...

The mail is still delivered to the mailbox on the front porch...

The doorbell twists .... ringing the brass bell inside...


I have quite a thing for old doors...and this one is precious!

I love the view through the living room windows ...

The view from the dining room window is just as sweet...

The fireplace in the living room....a real fireplace...for building a real fire, as Autumn brings cooler weather.

Grammy's Tick Tock clock has found a home on the cabinet in the corner...

Grandma Effie's little maple table is so charming in the corner ..
by the old door of the coat closet...

Eliza has arrived...

along with sweet Bebe...

and they think Grammy's new kitchen is quite cozy...

...Annabelles from the garden look so sweet in the water decanter...


Eliza is especially fond of the new location of the cookstove...

Onto the laundry nook...
Caldrea offers cleaning and laundry products, fragranced with essential oils.  Blue Sage Basil and Lavender Pine are two wonderful scents...aromatherapy while mopping the floors.

We shall take a peak at the pretty vanity in the powder room...

...even the little door is charming...

  The first day of our move to the cottage has been quite productive, and as we turn to leave ...we find Shirley has joined Goodness and Mercy...and they are singing for joy....

 such happy little friends...rejoicing for the Blessings of this day.

A favored book is placed on the table with the hydrangeas...
"Happy England"....

Happy Grammy.


Good night, dear friends....
your prayers 
have been so greatly appreciated.

8 comments:

  1. What can I say but that this IS A FAIRYTALE and every nook, door, window, table and MANTLE are absolutely perfect my dear. NOW...to think that you got THIS MUCH ACCOMPLISHED IN ONE DAY????????? YOU are amazing. I am so touched to see SWEET BEBE SITTING IN HER SPOT!!!!! PENNY WILL BE SO PROUD DEAREST!!!! AND do you know that TEA RAT has the SAME STOVE?? AND HE DOES have his own high tea set and copper pots! I must show you. Well....Rose Water Cottage is a welcoming place and I am honored to be your guest here dear. This has got to be so fun for you; I know the feeling!!! I must do a tour soon of Rabbit Hill, but your home is the perfect sweet spot for all of YOUR MOUSE FOLK, as is Rabbit Hill...if you could see my menagerie....this is a blessing. NOW OFF TO SCHOOL, but back later to savor the fun! AND ELIZA IS SO DARLING WITH HER WHEELBARREL!!!! BISES, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knock knock... May I come in? Oh Christie, I see you all have arrived safe and sound.. Anita let me know of your arrival this morning and I see she has already been knocking at your door..Everyone look so happy at Rose Water Cottage, I am so honored to have Bebe there.. She looks very HAPPY! I see she has made herself at home.
    I don't know how you did it but you have accomplished so much for the first day...
    Blessings to you
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Penny,
    I will have you know, that Bebe is having a most difficult time deciding which spot she likes best....or maybe it's just that I want to see her adorable face wherever I happen to be:) she is at home in our cottage and Eliza is taking good care of her....
    I have dreamt of a cozy nest such as this, as long as I have memory, so I couldn't unpack and make home fast enough.
    I will post more pictures in a few days, for we are in the throws of the heavy duty part, now.
    Blessings sweet friend...and come for a little visit ANYTIME;)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anita, my dear friend....
    Tearat is surely "the man". ....I mean "rat"....such a prince....baking and appreciation for the finest of stoves, cook pots and china...my, my!!!
    I am so glad you are enjoying the little tour of the cottage, and I would LOVE to see your home....when school is out...the fun can begin..
    Hugs and happy dreams...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I SAW THE CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG!!!! Oh oh....Tea Rat is getting ideas!!!! But he has NO LICENSE...that's how he is. In Nowhere, he wants to drive Bebe's POOT POOT but he has NO LICENSE! Eliza will have to straighten him OUT!

    teeeheee! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Christie,

    Rose Water Cottage is simply lovely! What a charming door with its beautiful brass ringer and doorknob with such a pretty bouquet alongside! We can see from the favorite things that you have lovingly brought and placed in just the right spot such as the beautiful old lamp and Grandma Effie's little table with the love birds atop and the portrait nearby! Eliza looks right at home with her wheelbarrow and stove! It even looks like she has had tea and cookies! Bebe looks so stylish next to the decanter of flowers in the pretty window! The mice Goodness, Mercy, and Shirley do look like they are singing for joy under the wonderful antique clock! The hydrangea bouquet placed next to our dear Helen Allingham's "Happy England" looks stunning looking out upon your yard! We are sure you and your husband will be so happy in Rose Water Cottage! How splendiferous that you started moving near your wedding anniversary! What a celebration!

    We pray you have many years of happiness in your new home!

    Hugs from your friends,
    Diane and daughter Sarah, Tillie and the mice, and the Dibble Dabbles at the Corgyncombe Courant

    ReplyDelete
  7. My dear sister,
    I am so thankful you have found the cottage you sought all these years.
    May it be blessed with joy and grace and filled with the sweet sound of laughter and music.
    I love you.
    L

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful!! Thank you for sharing the photos and the letter from your mother. I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete